Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Druidism

Druidism with the ULC seminary
Druidism Final Essay
Rev. Lucinda Parker

Everyone interested in the roots of paganism, animism or polytheism should take this class. I found Druidism to be far more than just a religion. It was a whole way of life, a societal structure, a way to be. The author of this class did a fine job of covering this huge and diverse topic!

I took Druidism, Paganism and Wicca classes at the same time. I'm so glad I did as the similarities and differences are much easier to see when you are studying all three classes. I really enjoyed all three classes as well.

One of the best lessons in Druidism was on the Sabbats. It was clear, concise and very interesting. The hardest lesson was the lesson on Deities. It is basically on big long list and I'd never remember half of them. Good reference info but a tough lesson.

The lessons were very sporadic near the end, and I found that very frustrating. The class interested me and I tired of waiting for lessons which were far more than a week apart near the last third of the class.

I enjoyed this class so much and wanted to know more without waiting for emails so I went and bought a couple of books on Druidism to learn more. Keep up the great work with these seminary classes!

Respectfully,
Lucinda Parker

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: