Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2008

Four Gospels

Dear Rev. Amy Long,

I had to find the old paper I wrote for the class, Four Gospels, on a backup. After reading it I decided to write a new paper as the old scripture is replaced with a new very special one. As I told you in the letter I wrote you I had to have some extensive surgery done. If you want to clip the paper here to use for others, go ahead. This is the purpose of this paper anyway.

After deteriorating muscles and nerves finally quit working, I had a tracheotomy and now am on a volume ventilator. I had polio when I was two years old and was “cured” from it. Forty years later it has come back with a vengeance.

When we give our lives to Christ all bets are off on what ‘we want’ and it becomes what God wants. I have multiple disabilities and have a wheelchair to scoot around in and a machine to breath for me, a real blessing in the disguise of a real tragedy. Ever hear of a preacher that couldn’t talk anymore? We never know where the blessings are coming from. I work with adults and children with challenges not disabilities. God put me in the condition I need to be in to witness to others with conditions that they feel are insurmountable.

We pray for healing and miracles everyday for our family and friends. Did you ever think that maybe this challenge is God’s will. Our lives are an example for Christ’s power and also the power of prayer. If it was not for the wheelchair and the ventilator I would not be able to reach both emotionally and spiritually the children I work with and the adults I preach to. God works in such mysterious ways. We are placed it God’s hands and we need to be moldable and able to accept the path God wants us to live.

Matthew 4 : 23

23 And Jesus went about in all of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every sickness among the people.

What is happening is Jesus is healing people by giving them everlasting live. The spiritual healing that is necessary to give a person everlasting live is to believe in Jesus.

John 3: 16

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that every one who believes into Him would not perish, but would have eternal life.

This is my favorite scripture. John 3: 16 You say this is a scripture that is just to use for conversion of non-believers, I say it is the scripture we should all have as a favorite. Remember what the demons said as they were being cast out.

Mark 1 : 24

24 What have we to do with You, Jesus, Nazarene? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are -- the Holy One of God.

When we believe in Jesus the evil spirits flee. This evil spirit is here around us in great numbers at this time. All we have to do is look around us and see the results of this spirit. To cast out this demon, all it takes it to believe in God’s son. They will no longer perish, but would have eternal life.

Let us pray, “God help us all to believe in Jesus, to have him the focus point in our lives. Keep this evil spirit away from us, away from our children, and away from our churches. Amen”

Rev. Dr. William Stilwater, Ph.D. D.D.

So much suffering

So little time

********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church, as well as an online seminary program and a chaplaincy program.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: