Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Metaphysical Healing

My name is Deborah Overfield. I am working towards a degree in Ministry and Natural Health. I know many modalities of healing and taking this class from an experienced person I felt I could broaden my knowledge. This is the most rewarding work and I look forward to getting up every day to a new adventure. I am also meeting amazing people.

Things I learned is that it always seems we may be looking for an answer or something and in reality we are already in the middle of it. It seems to be our awareness is that it makes us pay attention. Everybody’s healing is individual and personal. No matter what all info should always remain confidential. Always give thanks for the power within is given to us. I learned how to ask questions and test an individual.

I learned what not to do as to not be in any trouble with the government.

What I did not resonate with is how often people want to be healed and never feel it is real or worth paying for. I had had tons of people asking for healing and only a couple willing to pay. I pray things will change I intend it to be and all blocks removed. I do heal people for free but this was not my intention for a business when I can barely make it on my own with my other job and I have all these skills I studied hard for. Another thing I don’t like is I am always drilled about WHERE did you learn this. If it wasn’t from a collage or a place the government gives you the degree they seem to poo poo it. I have run into lots of People thinking I’m a kook. There are a few that come to me that believe in me and want to trade services for a plastic $1 store plate. I did not work on them because they found no value in it. I had people thinking it was evil. I was so amazed at how many people believe the devil and evil and never seem to even grasp that God is more powerful and can do far more. Jesus is the healer. So this is my most disliked thing of all.

What I’d like to hear more of is anything that can possible work for the seemingly impossible symptoms that are worked on for years. Isn’t there a way somehow that it could be fixed faster. Some things take some things instant, some a few days, weeks, months, years. My thing is why should it take a year for some things? Maybe we will never know. My thoughts are it is possible to heal sooner. How is the question? The modalities and things I’ve learned have not taught me those skills yet. Also any and all methods are welcome for me, I like to learn things related to healing, spiritual healing and health.


Also anything more about the vortexes of the body and the environment. I am interested also in portals and healing more with the angels.


What I like is being my own best physician! I love helping people and making the world a better place one person at a time. The endocrine glands, charkas, aura and meridians including positive attitudes in balance will bring about good health. I like how instantly the body will repair, and heal itself. Intent and having the body in a willingness for change is all that is needed for change to occur. I believe that as time goes on and medical field continues to fail more and more people are awakening to natural health as the answer. I am humbled by this work and welcome the new revolution of health. More and more as I go around town I see my natural health. Stores carry more natural product now. I’m thrilled to be apart of it and knowing everyday I do this I’m doing God’s work.

Sincerely,

Deborah Overfield

********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church, as well as an online seminary program and a chaplaincy program.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: