Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Master of Mystical Christianity Lesson 16

Mystical Christianity Course from the ULC Seminary

Questions For the Heart and Mind

  1. Have you ever had memories or experiences that your rational logic could not explain? Where do you believe the experience or information originated?  Yes, I have had memories and experiences that my rational logic could not explain. I believe that the collective experience of my forebears and their prayers from the next life help to assist me in my path through life. I believe the experiences I have gone through have come from Almighty God working within my life.
  1. How would you define the concept of resurrection? Resurrection is the new life we are destined to share with God in the next life.
  1. What do you believe regarding the preexistence of the soul? I believe that we are in God in some mysterious way, and that He incarnates us into existence in human form according to His time and Plan.
  1. Are you a physical body having a spiritual experience, or a spiritual body having a physical experience? What for you is the difference? I believe that I am neither. I believe I am a united entity of the wonder of body and soul/spirit fused together according to God's Plan to live out my allotted time on this earth. I believe I leave behind my earthly covering like a coat left behind once my journey is over. Yet in some mysterious way I will still be resurrected body and soul immediately after my last days on earth, however no longer subject to the illness, aging and sufferings my body is subject to in this world. The difference for me is in the detail. I believe much of what God does is by itself a mystery. of which the detail is not always known. However, the work He does is no less real or accurate despite my lack of full knowledge of the action of the Divine.

No comments: