Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mystical Christianity Lesson 21

Questions For the Heart and Mind

Mystical Christianity Course from the Universal Life Church Seminary.
  1. How does the vision of the prophet Joel relate to our world today? I believe that Joel's vision has indeed come to pass in our world today, as God's Spirit pours out on young and old, female and male, and inspires us all to speak of Him and join hands globally to worship Him. God has blessed servants with the great gift of ministry, such as Gladys Aylward, who was parlourmaid before carrying out Christian ministry in China where she became known as Ai-weh-deh. Great signs and wonders are from our God, and what else could be a greater sign than that of God inspiring us to follow our higher calling to be prophetic sons and daughters of God
  1. How can you unite the sacred and the secular in your life and in the world around you? I can unite the sacred and the secular in my life by inviting God into the everyday decisions and situations in my life. I can unite by praying to God and listening to His Voice in the depths of my soul, as I await His answer.
  1. What do you find attractive about the mystical way? If you chose to pursue the mystical path, what would be your greatest challenge? The mystical way would be attractive to me in that, by attempting to follow this way, I follow in the Footsteps of the Greatest Mystic of all, Jesus Christ. I love Him and trust Him, and fully believe that if, where He goes, I follow, I will be guided and blessed in my life. My greatest challenge would be not to fear the unknown on the path following Christ.
Rev. Whittle

No comments: