Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Masters in Religious Philosphy lesson 9


Religious Philosophy Course Lesson Answers from the Universal Life Church

I believe the stories, myth, legend, historical, etc.. all started as oral traditions. The ones  who told had to be the story tellers of the day, so there had to develop stories to get people to listen and remember them. 

As far as timelines, as with the Noah's Ark story, I really don't think when it happened or what the entity was called that made it happen, I know God was the one who made it happen. The only problem I have with the story is the when people try to break it down and try to rationalize it. As in how much food, cleaning up after them, living conditions on the Ark. I think when that it's done the most important part is forgotten, IN GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! I guess my point is listen to the stories for their meanings and don't try to pick them apart to make them rational, I don't believe that is what having faith is about.

Again, no matter what category a story fits into, when it happened, we have to look at the story for the meaning.

Rick Robbins +

Father, Give me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change those I can, and the wisdom to know the difference


No comments: