Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Metaphysics and Miracles

Metaphysics- the Miracles of Spiritual Living

Final Essay Rev. Lucinda Parker

In 1996 as a result of a personal incident I thoroughly studied A Course in Miracles. I had no phone, no tv, no job and a real need to discover. Dr. Loretta M. Siani’s, course is absolutely the best discussion of the ACIM philosophy I have ever seen. She has remained true to the teachings and thoughts of ACIM. It was a great review for me. It actually was a wake up call for me.

The lessons are well thought out and logically organized. Letting go, surrendering our egotistical beliefs, learning to accept and pay attention, performing true miracles in our own life are the core philosophy of ACIM. Dr. Siani takes each principle and explains, expands, and makes one really think. Most importantly, this course makes us personally and spiritually act.

I needed a refresher in some areas. This course came into my life, again, at the right time. And while I am not suffering from any personal dramas at this time, this course made me realize that I was straying from my own personal power ever so slowly, but ever so definitely! Even what we envision as success can cause destructive imbalance within our life, and I was headed there.

The most important lesson, and the one I was totally forgetting about, particularly at work, is about perception and being right. We get wrapped around ideas that we think are the only truth, that we must be right. That ego within us will destroy us. As I worked through the perceptions and beliefs that I was feeling at work, I realized I needed to realign my thinking and adjust my behavior. I’m glad to report that the stress and frustration I was feeling two months ago with individuals at work is gone. I can see the situations and people for what is really occurring. I don’t come home upset anymore and the stress dreams have stopped.

Thank you for offering this course in Miracles. I enjoyed it and it has put me back on track.


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: