Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Course In Miracles

Doctor of Metaphysics Final Essay
By: Rev. Cynthia Ewing

Taking this course has been a pleasure. It was nice to learn about A Course In Miracles. I have read about
it in different books and have heard other people mention it in passing, but have never truly looked into it myself. This course uses the teachings from A Course In Miracles all throughout this lessons. I also found that many of the lessons presented were things I already have known about or were working with.

There was one lesson that made me think of another person I work with. It was lesson 17. This lesson
talks about relationships. I found the holy and unholy relationships fascinating. This man that I work with
has been having relationship problems with his wife.  He has been trying everything he can to help fix the marriage. His wife on the other hand is constantly blaming him for all their problems. This to me at least seems like an unholy union. A holy union is where each person already knows what they want and are
focused on achieving it together.

These lessons talk a lot on the basic level. They introduce you to the three minds the conscious,
unconscious and the higher mind and explain their functions. It also talks about how this world was
created by a dream of separation from God. Our whole lesson here is to find our way back to God and his
limitless love. The Ego tries to keep us from achieving this goal every chance it gets. I know mine
still tries to play with me every now and then. I have had an under inflated ego growing up. I was completely
stifled by my mother. Once I moved out of the house it was no longer under inflated. At that point I knew nothing of about spiritual teachings I was only 18.


This course also spotlighted on our thoughts. We create what we think and say. If we speak in the negative all our higher self hears is positive. If we say we do not want this to happen it believes we do want it to happen. We need to change our thought patterns since we are not our thoughts, but just choosing them.

This course also offered meditation as a way to get in touch with our higher selves, relieve stress from
our physical bodies and create rest and balance.  During meditation we move out of a state of fear and into a loving state. It brings us closer to God.

This was a very pleasant course to take. I believe everyone will get something from it whether they are
just beginning their spiritual quest or are seasoned veterans. We all find something new with each lesson we are dealt. Thank you for the experience.


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: