Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 02, 2007

A Course in Miracles

Final Essay for Doctor of Metaphysics Degree
By Reverend Mirisa Kintaro

I especially want to thank Rev. Dr. Loretta M. Siani for this amazing course and also Rev. Amy Long for making it available through the ULC Seminary.

Without giving my age away, let me first say I have been a student of metaphysics for many years now. My studies have included participating in a year-long rather intensive study group on A Course In Miracles. While I did enjoy this study group, I did feel I got a bit “lost” in the actual wording of ACIM. The beautiful gift of Dr. Siani’s work is that she has taken a lot of teachings which can be confusing when reading ACIM, and simplified those teachings to make them much more easily understood, without losing any of the essence of the teachings. Consequently, I feel I have finally “gotten” some of what was rather nebulous to me in my previous studies of ACIM.

I very much enjoyed the teachings on meditation and the beautiful meditation tape included with the course. I have a very busy life and really needed to be reminded to slow down, go within and connect with what is really important.

The past year of my life especially, I have known I have needed to let much go in my life in order to let in new things of a higher energy level, but I have had trouble letting go of the old to let in the new and better. I signed up for this course hoping to get some help with this particular challenge, and now, having just completed the last lesson, I can say my self-imposed energetic logjam is finally starting to move. An example…the old car I was nursing along for years now finally got to the point where I had to let it go. I still had some fear about committing to a car payment, but the fear was not crippling, as it would have been a year ago. I was able to let go and let God, and God brought me a better new car for a lower payment than I ever could have done “on my own.” This to me definitely qualifies as a miracle.

The lesson on relationships was a huge one for me. Most of my life, I have been a “pleaser” so people would like me, and consequently I have had a lot of relationships where I was badly treated or taken advantage of and said nothing. Somewhere in the 20 weeks of this course, some truly miraculous changes took place. I have finally learned how to stand up for myself, in a loving manner, but firmly, letting people know I love them as a brother or sister and child of God, but I will no longer tolerate any behavior that is disrespectful of or does not honor me. One “friendship” has gone away, but that is OK because I realize now it was a co-dependent friendship and not healthy. The next thing that needs to change is my job because I deserve to have a job where I am respected and fairly compensated and not taken advantage of just because I am “nice” (but seething with anger inside because of how I allow myself to be treated).

One particular area in which I could really see the lessons of this course being brought up for “show and tell” was the area of personal male-female relationships. I am a widow and have been thinking for about a year now that I would like to find a life partner. But, pleaser that I was before this course, all I could seem to attract were really “needy” men. A few weeks into this course, I met a man who became a HUGE mirror for me of my own neediness and of all the areas in which I was out of balance in my own life. It was like all my faults which I nurtured in secret this guy played out in living color and at maximum volume right before my eyes! Yet I had this huge attraction to him and fell right into my old pattern of trying to please him and fix him and make everything OK for him, all the while being very conscious of just how co-dependent this relationship had the potential of becoming. Well, I am happy to report that Mr. Big Example and I have now parted ways, peacefully, but most definitely. And I know my next relationship will be a much healthier one, both for me and for the other person involved.

To anyone thinking about taking this course, I would say, “If you are really ready to make some very positive changes in your consciousness and your life, then take this course. If you take it seriously, it WILL change your life!”

Again, many thanks for this wonderful course!

Love & Blessings,
Rev. Mirisa Kintaro

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: