Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 02, 2007

Metaphysics and Miracles

METAPHYSICS AND MIRACLES ESSAY

By Kimberly A. Moe

How do I write what these courses in Metaphysics have done for me? The answer I was given with help was to write from the heart.

We grew up believing from my mother that you do not have to go to church to believe in God. I was always one to pray, however doing it wrong, and believing. When I got married I joined my husband’s church and had the kids go to be confirmed so they could make up their own mind. The minister at our church however turned them completely away from it. My daughter who wanted to go to church all of a sudden completely turned away from believing because of the church. He is one that unless you donate a certain amount of your income and are there all the time you are nothing. He can walk past you and not even see you. That is not what I want my kids to learn. I have forgiven him but still do not understand him.

After these courses and the way they have changed my life they are starting to come around. So with this essay all I can do is tell what it has done to change my life.

I was a full time bartender, Municipal Judge and had my own dog grooming business. I thought I was losing my position as Judge so decided to go online and become ordained because I really enjoy performing weddings. That is when I decided I could not call myself a Minister until I took the classes.

This is my second course and I look forward to taking the rest.

After the first course in Metaphysics it gave me the strength to do online schooling. I was over whelmed working 70 hours a week and trying to study. When I got to the part in this coarse that said focus on one thing it gave me the courage to quit working full time at the bar and focus on what I wanted and how I could best be of help. My main love is animals. I have since become a Reiki master/ teacher, canine massage provider, studied animal communication, a better groomer and a certified aroma therapist. I now make my own products called Therapeutic Naturals for animals and people, have turned my dog grooming over to complete holistic and will have my own web page up called holisticpetpampering.com., by the end of this week.

The intent and attention is used in everyway thru it all. I would not have been able to do it if it were not for these courses. I have always believed things happen for a reason. I know the reason now.

I now know how to pray and ask for help and am finding ways to help others. I know I am meant to work with the animals and love every minute of it. My love shows thru my work. Some customers even call me the dog lady.

I have always got this feeling that trees are talking to me. I always thought I should write a book on what they are saying. Maybe that will be my next project. My husband has always told me I am like Doctor Doolittle. He was right. This is what I am meant to do. I know that now.

My love for all spirits has grown no matter what form and I love them all. Hopefully I can get that message out. With God’s help I know I can make a difference.

I have learned to call in my Angels and know when they are there. Also my animal spirit guides. I come up to our 10 acres by myself and meditate and talk to God and the spirits. My husband can not understand how I can come up here and close off the gate and not see anyone for days at a time. Hopefully I can get him to do the same and get him to read the course and he will understand.

WHAT A FEELING IT IS TO BE UNDERSTOOD AND TO UNDERSTAND.

I truly believe and always have if you make a mistake it is a mistake unless you learn from it and use it to get where God intended you to be, then it is not a mistake but a learning experience to enrich your life and those around you.



*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: