Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Four Gospels

Four Gospels by Rev. John Warner

In taking this course I wasn’t sure what I hoped to gain from it. There were many questions about the new covenant, the changing from Mosaic Law, the first covenant, to the new. Within this understanding I was really puzzled in the reference to the Lamb of God. Who it was and why it was necessary to have a lamb. It is one of the first prophesies in Genesis where it talks about the Lamb of God. Then we hear John the Baptist state when he sees Jesus behold the Lamb of God.  I finally think I have discovered why Jesus is referred to the Lamb of God and how it plays a part.
In the Old Testament God instructed to place blood over the door. This was an act of faith and for those who believed in the strength of the blood would be passed over and saved from death. The blood could not come from any lamb it had to be the first lamb without blemish the best there was to offer.  This faith spared the lives of those who believed and then were taken to Mt. Sinai where they were given the covenant written in stone and given to Moses.
The birth and death of Jesus is the new covenant. In order for us to have faith in God, we are to believe in Jesus.  In order for us to understand the correlation or the symbolism of the covenant the symbol of the lamb must be used.  Jesus was God’s only begotten son. He was without sin or you may say blemish. His blood was shed just like the lamb of Moses day and by faith in Jesus like that of the blood over the door you will be saved. What I didn’t really know until the taking of the course was that Jesus was crucified at Passover. I had heard the story many times but did not understand the correlation of the two.  On Passover God passed over the house and 1500 years later on the same day the lamb was again sacrificed to save the world.  The main difference as I see it was that the first covenant was geared towards the Jewish people and the new covenant is now geared towards all people. This course has let me get a better understanding of my own thoughts and how to not only read a verse but to try to put it into perspective with the prophesies of the old testament so I can see the fulfillment of the prophesies in the new testament. It has given me a better understanding of my inner self and has strengthened my faith that I can read and interpret for myself what I believe God wants for my life not what others believe God wants for my life. Through this inner strength and knowledge I will be ready to face the grim reaper as a kind messenger to transfer me from this world into the next.

*******************************


The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: