Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shamanism Course


In reviewing and studying the course as written by Pastor Pat, I was very interested in the approach he used in describing the essence of Shamanism.  Having been a person who has been interested in the workings of shaman and the ritual practices of such, I found the history as presented very informative and interesting.  The history does not however include much on the Peruvian Shaman that reside in Peru.  I have had the opportunity to meet and learn from several elders, and have been taught that many practices used by these healers.

As I read the lessons, I found that the whole course was informative, but without practicality.  As a healer I have used various methods (tools) to help an individual over come the problem(s) presented.  I was hoping for more information on such.  As mentioned , journeying is a valuable tool, to help a person relive a situation, and also to seek relief from a troubling issue.  I found this to be true and the process does work.

The information as presented has been helpful to me in that it has given me a way of explaining the idea of Shamanism, in a way that the skeptic may understand and not be afraid of the potential for healing.  I have met several folks who have said that Shaman work is the work of the Devil, and as presented it is not.  I am a firm believer that this work is not of the Devil but of Creator, in that through him all is possible.  I have found in my own practices of Shaman Healing that the folks I work on have come away from a session feeling much better than they did before we started.  I am but a tool of the divine and through me the power to help is provided to the person seeking help.

In the lessons it has stated that often something happens to a person who then becomes a healer or shaman.  In this instant case, a tragedy became a way of life.  I had three aunts cross over in an automobile accident when I was seven years old.  The family was heart broken and shortly the funeral, we were all sitting at the house, visiting and telling stories.  I had a thought about one of my aunts and asked my mother why she did not like peas, my mother looked at me very strangely and ask me what I meant.  I told her that Aunty Kay, did not like peas, and my Aunt Donna, started to laugh.  They both asked me who told me and I said Aunt Kay, they asked when and I said just now.  They said that I was imagining it and I asked them if they knew she did not like peas and they said no.  So I asked my Grand mother if Aunt Kay like peas and she said absolutely no.  She asked me why I had asked and I told her that she told me she didn’t like peas.  Now you must understand that I had only seen my Aunt Kay once in my life, at about three years of age, and had never spoken to her prior to the accident.  I have asked others and every one thought I was crazy, until I met an Hopi Elder who I told the story to and he stated that I probably had a vision or something.  I was hooked at that point, at age 12 to begin my journey.

At the age of 54, I have had the pleasure to attend several lectures, classes, seminars on healing and the use of homeopathic healing to benefit others.  I do consider myself a healer and am often sought out by others to help them overcome an issue that has caused problems for them.
Knowledge is all around us and these lessons have provided me with another source of information to utilize.  For this I am grateful.

I hope this summary of my learning from these lessons is acceptable.

Sincerely,


Charles L. Liquin

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments: