Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Astral Projection

Final Essay for the Master of Astral Projection Course
By Travis Richardson
This course was enlightening to say the least.  I will admit to having some difficulty in comprehending the entire scope of the field of Astral Projection.  This final essay sat there for many weeks after the receipt of the final lesson while I read and reread many of the lessons. 
From this course I have come to the understanding that Astral Projection can also come by way of a person’s dreams. I also had a powerful vivid dream that shook me to the very core of my being. From my personal understandings I was “pulled” to a sacred place within the spirit realm.  One night while I slept my mind seemingly connected with those higher energies. My mind first interpreted those energies as follows:
My mind used an image of Arch Angel Michael with his blonde hair, lighter grayish wings, and golden colour battle armour, to have a conversation with me. We stood on a tan colour flat ground that I saw as rock, with just brighter than twilight around us because we did not cast any shadows. The light I did see was coming from both Michael and from me. I could not see past the light that emanated from the two of us. I did not hear any other sounds, not even wind. I did not feel any fear towards this energy, but I did feel tremendous curiosity and at the same time profound respect.

I stood before this powerful energy I saw as Michael and he asked “Do you want the knowledge to understand the higher message of thy Father or do you want to be forever dumb?” I replied “I want the knowledge to understand the higher message, but as long as I can also help others understand”... I could see that adding this condition to his question posed to me, for some unknown reason, had annoyed the energy, the figure I saw as Michael. His head drew back some, he inhaled and his posture appeared as if he was about to verbally chastise me for daring to apply a condition to the answer of his question. The same body language and behaviour that a high ranking person sometimes has when questioned by a subordinate.

As Michael paused with his verbal communication with me to do these actions; my mind interpreted the energy of yet another even higher energy as a loud powerful commanding male voice which boomed a resonating reply “Yes...” I could feel the energy of that voice with every fibre of my being. As my mind went “WOW...” in exasperated utter amazement at the power of that voice, I saw that Michael had instantly softened his posture and was standing with his head bowed low in respect. I watched Michael raise his head and he said “This addition of yours changes things; it will cost you deep pain and the loss of love, but with that loss, great rewards will come from it.” In my mind I thought “What...Why? Oh crap... the universal laws of harmony and balance and knowing that people often fear what they do not understand at first”. I looked deep into the eyes of the image that I saw as Michael and replied, “That is fine, they (being all of mankind) are worth it”. Michael then stood strong and proud in admiration and said, “Then let it be as so commanded” then I woke up...

I found myself to be completely and fully alert, instead of the normal struggle to shake off the cobwebs of sleeping. My mind pondered, just what the heck have I agreed to do here... My conscious mind still to this day battles to understand that dream.

It is not so much that I astral projected but that I was “pulled” to appear before such powerful forces that troubles my sense of being. I am not one who purposely astral projects, as it is just not something that is of interest to me. Thank you for taking the time to put this course together and permitting individuals to learn about such a compelling subject. 

By Rev. Travis Richardson

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: