Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Metaphysical Healing - ULC

Master of Metaphysical Healing Final Essay
By Rev. Cynthia Ewing

Being a Reiki Healer myself, I am always looking to learn more about healing. This class has helped me be able to present answers to questions people have asked as well as learn more about the energy field around the body. Good advice was also given about how to work in an energy field. There was even good advice about having your own healing practice.

The first lesson talks about how to answer a client’s questions. This can be a hard thing for a new healer.  Explaining how the process works and if it will help or harm a patient is very important. You want to make sure the client is in the right frame of mind for the healing. Also I always let any potential clients know that I do not diagnose or interfere with a doctor’s treatment. As the lesson says “healing is always “in addition to” and never “instead of” conventional medical care.”

The lessons also spoke about working in the energy field. It explains about the different Bodies surrounding the physical body. I had never heard of Auric Fibers or Auric Plasma. I knew about the other fields though. It also lists very well steps in how to give a metaphysical healing using your hands and the universal energy.

When I give a reiki healing, I always say a prayer to ask for the healing of my client as well as inviting in any helpers. I then link to the client by sending energy in through the crown chakra, the ears for balancing and the shoulders to help send the energy through the body. I believe that the client has given me permission already to enter their energy field. This is where I differ, but it is good to ask anyway.
Now the next step is raking the aura and removing any negativity that is present and then smoothing the aura. I never thought of it as unruffling the auric fibers. After that I then apply reiki energy to whatever area is in need. I scan the chakras with my hands and send energy to the ones that are in need of energy. When finished I seal the client and break the ties that were created. Everything I do here is similar to the healing that is spoken of in the lessons, just using different terms.

Taking a medical history and keeping records of the sessions is also very important. In my medical history form there is a disclaimer to make sure the client knows that the session is meant to help and not diagnose or interfere with a doctor’s treatment. The client’s history can help the healer focus on the areas that need energy the most. It can also help the healer see where the problem is coming from. Now the healer’s intuition is important as blockages and energies that need released are located. With the history the healer can use the information to help the client release their negativity and help them change to a more positive attitude which aides in healing.

Overall I enjoyed taking this class. There is a lot of information here which is very helpful for the new healer as well as for the more seasoned healer. I would recommend this class to anyone interested in metaphysical healing. Thank you for the opportunity to learn.



*************************
Many people get ordained through the ULC as a means to become wedding officiants, but also to study through our online seminary. If you need minister supplies or online ceremonies, we have a wide selection to choose from, as well as a place for spiritual articles and spiritual bookmarks. Visit our FB Page at ULC Seminary.

No comments: