Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Metaphysical Healing


REVEREND KURT FONDRIEST

In taking this class I must admit at first it was not what I had expected. I feel it did not encompass what I thought of when I held the idea of metaphysical healing in my mind. I had a challenge with the history aspect, why I’m still working on it. I wished the course would have included the contemporary Metaphysicians in our country’s history. Such as Christian Science founder Mary Baker Eddy, or Religious Science founder Dr. Ernest Holmes. Just to mention a few. I felt as if I was reading a foreign text at first.

During the course though something did happen. It was being exposed to unfamiliar ideas or rituals. I started to expand on what I was reading , by transforming the information into my culture.As I started to do this daily I found myself understanding this information on a personal level On a level that made sense for me.

Some of the material that transferred with great importance was the understanding of color healing and auras. I work as an expressive arts therapist with people living with various ranges of developmental disabilities. I started to use color healing in sessions with them and had wonderful results. I would develop activities that would heighten their sense of the healing power of color. I would ask them to think of what object comes to mind when they are angry? One person said “Hammer”. I then asked them to think of what color calms them down?. The person whose object was the hammer said “blue”. I then asked them to paint the object with
the color they chose. The group enjoyed this exercise in metaphysical healing, even being very basic it worked. They still ask to do this activity. The course did open me to learning about metaphysical healing through a different culture. I wished though it would had incorporated the works of my culture. I see the course more of a study in culture differences and similarities. I had to find what was universal which made the course beneficial. I read the material and translated it into my language, customs and rituals. In essence I think that is what learning is . A mode of translating at times foreign information into a personal learning experience.. Overall I would give the course above average grade, however I would be more descriptive on the outline Of the course so people understand what they will be participating in.

Reverend Kurt Fondriest

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: