Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wiccan Studies

Wiccan Studies Essay
I have to say I was a bit hesitant to sign up for this course, but something told me to do so because of the hesitancy and fear of the unknown with in the public for this religion. My mother is third generation to the states from Ireland, where as she and her mother before her and before her were practitioners of the old ways. I can remember going to my great grandmothers kitchen and not understanding why the herbs were hanging or the table in the corner was set a certain way with "pretties" on it and i was not allowed to touch. i remember one time that we went there the "old women" were chanting around that table, and when I wondered in they accepted me in the circle with open arms, i remember my grandmother saying "she's ready, she's curious" and that my friend was the beginning of trying to teach others that being a witch was not taboo.....anyway this course, even though I am a practitioner of the old ways, has rekindled some thing that I have forgot in general, I will take these things and use them in my practice of teaching to where i hope that others can become more comfortable with us that do not necessarily believe in what they believe in.

I thank you for the opportunity to take this class...the teacher was awesome and very knowledgeable.


thanks
Rene

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: