Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Course In Miracles

Dear Amy:

This course has helped me realize how much my ego gets what it wants! To some extent I know many of the lessons already. Can I make myself take the time to mediate, eat right, and not procrastinate? I learned that all of these 'problems' are the work of my ego. This course has helped me to see that. Lesson 11 really helped to point that out to me.

I have been able to witness how the ego keeps us enslaved in the past. My boyfriend has cancer. From the time I met him (a short 1.5 years ago), I have listened to him tell me how it was when he grew up, his adult life and so on. Not all things were bad, in fact some were really good, but his focus is mainly on the bad. He has just discovered 'living in the present moment' and is trying to focus on that.

While the lessons have been a wonderful thing for me in general, they have helped me to see what others do to themselves as well. They have provided me with words to pass on to Larry, to help him move into the present moment.

I have been able to incorporate the lessons of what you pay attention to you receive into working with Larry and reminding me of my attention. Each lesson provided me with a reminder and insight into where I am focusing my attention/intention. I have spread myself in too many directions, not placing my main attention on what my life's love/work is. That is counseling people and assisting in bringing them closer to God.

My son passed away 12 years ago at the young age of 12. Because of him, I have become a Minister, Certified Spiritual Counselor, Author, and Speaker. I have found the direction of my life, because what appeared to be a loss was actually a transformation for my son and me. Lessons such as these confirm that. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to continue to learn.

Rev. Susan Henley


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: