Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Course In Miracles



Thank you Amy for all your hard work. And I would especially thank Reverend Loretta M. Siani, Ph.D. for this wonderful, and well-written, course.

I learned a lot about myself in this course. It made me do a lot of deep thinking about my life’s journey. The practice of meditation leads you out of the realm of chaos into the realm of peace. In meditation you will sink fathoms below the storm of your life, to a place of rest and quiet beneath where you can dissociate from fear and false self. Alone, in the silence of meditation, you will feel the peace and hear the answers you seek. In meditation your true self will be revealed to you. It will well up from within you. There, in the stillness, your mind will become unclouded. Instead of sitting in dismay before your life, in meditation you will come to know that you are on a spiritual journey being guided back to who you really are. In meditation, you will come to know your connectedness with all of life and everyone else. In the quiet of your meditation your solemn promises to yourself will be redeemed for you. I used to meditate every morning (I’d get up two hours earlier than anyone else in the house just to have the total quietness). I was a relaxed and calm person.

Then several months ago things or errands kept getting in the way of my meditation time. I hadn’t really noticed how much I was changing, like getting stressed out. This course brought me back to my true self. It took away my problems and brought me back to God. I was slipping away from my spiritual life. I gained that back. The meditation stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which produces the relaxation response and returns the body to a state of balance. It is also said prayer is asking God and meditation is listening to him. I am now back to meditation on a regular schedule. Enjoying my spiritual time.

I just want to say a little about the three minds, which I found interesting. When all three minds (conscious, unconscious and higher mind) are in alignment we feel comfortable and capable of handling whatever comes our way. We feel inner peace.

When the three minds are out of alignment we feel blocked, fearful and caught in an endless loop of continually trying and failing to solve our problems. Our inner peace is disturbed. The conscious mind can easily overload and is the realm in which all problems exist. The unconscious mind is like the hard drive of our computer. It stores our habits, memories and emotions. The unconscious mind is the part of us that is attending to everything outside the present moment awareness. (The conscious mind only pays attention to the present moment awareness). Now, finally, the higher mind has the nature of being unobstructive and subtle. It never forces itself upon us or interferes with our free will. It is love and love never forces anything.

Examine the basic nature of the mind and spirit and you will start to explore how we can summon the power of this mind and spirit to manifest the everyday miracles.

Grace to all,

Rev. Nancy Rutledge

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: