Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Paganism


I found this course to be a great review of the various Pagan paths and practices as well as a great resource for one to experience different exercises used in various traditions and paths.

Being a High Priestess and from a very eclectic background, I draw from many different paths. I found new information in this course and have added some of the exercises to my weekly routine (I am striving to add more daily practices as well).

The best part about the whole course was that it was offered from a non-bias point of view. All my studies have been thru various groups who hold a strong belief, one way or the other, and present their teachings from that view point. It was nice to read material that was written to present the facts of many walks and paths without intention to persuade or promote one belief or another. This allowed me to try different ideas freely and to form my own opinions about what works for me. Kudos to ULC and it’s Instructors and teachers for presenting the material in this fashion.

The daily exercises and visualization work is always of interest to me as I work with energy in both my businesses. Still, I was able to find new ways of implementing my own hygiene. The inclusion of daily routines to do on the last lesson brought some new ideas for me to try.

The best form of advise given, and one I give to my own students is to experiment and be open to trying different paths. Also, doing some web weaving is key. I know that the support system I use has helped me a great deal. There are no Pagan Temples in my area and it is hard to find fellowship groups that accept the ULC truth that there are many paths to God (dess).

This is the first course I have completed with ULC. Recently, my school of study has suffered a division in its leadership. I found the ULC website and feel as though I am connected again.

Thank you for this opportunity and for the education that I am receiving thru this and continued studies.

Rev. Amy L Reed

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: