Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Paganism

ULC Seminary
RE: Final Essay for Class Course
Paganism for a New Age


Dearest Friends,

I have completed the paganism elective course and have found it to be very informative and richly interesting and stimulating. I learned much about paganism traditions that I did not know before the course. There was valuable knowledge gained from learning about the beliefs, traditions and practices of paganism beginning from the Ancient times and through modern times.

I really enjoyed learning about and studying the hierarchy if you will of the gods, goddesses, and other pagan beings, the magickal beings, especially about the Angels and Spirit Guides, Elementals. There was a part of the course that was dedicated to reincarnation and the concept of life after death that particularly caught my attention and challenged me to consider my beliefs about life after death. I was able to really look within my belief system in meditation and see new insights that Spirit was revealing to me through the materials regarding life after death. This was a truly rewarding spiritual experience and higher learning for me.

I also was intrigued and interested in the Akashic record section, though I wish it would have been a little longer or included more information though I also realize this is an introductory course to paganism so perhaps it will be discussed further into the curriculum under an advanced course at a later time. There is a chapter on personal responsibility I find to be very true of most spiritual beliefs, principles and laws. I particularly enjoyed the pagan view on accepting personal responsibility for choices, actions and inactions.

The pagans made community and social interactions with one another a focal part of the pagan life and I feel the herd concept has benefits for all religions and spiritual belief systems, as it is important to gather in harmony for in so doing there is more power collectively. When we tend to think, we do not need Spirit or one another we have a tendency to die a certain slow, yet deep and profound spiritual death. I find it is true that we need time of fellowship with one another as when one of us seems to fall down the others can pick us up and help us to get on our feet again.

Thank you for offering this course as it enriched my overall knowledge of paganism for which I knew very little about as I embarked upon the course study.

Love and Light,
Rev. Tracey

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: