Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Master of Religion

Christian Counseling at ULC Seminary
RE: Final Essay for Class Course by Rev. Tracey Loper
Bible Basics

Dearest Friends,


I appreciate the basics that I learned, as it is helpful in dealing with the varied and diverse spiritual beliefs among my clients and friends. The understanding will help me in my service to All humanity.

Thank you for an excellent bible basics course. This course brought me enlightenment about the bible. There was clarity given as well as validations to support the Bible as the Word of God. I was able to view the Bible itself as tangible evidence of the Word of God.

There was focus on prophets and prophecies of the Bible. The course encouraged study of the Bible vs. just referencing it or simply reading the Bible. Through this Course, I learned about different beliefs of the different faiths. The format of the class outlined al the information needed to study the bible from explaining it as a study guide of the Word of God. The 39 books of the old testament have so much information and profound wisdom.

There were many inspiring verses from the bible. I challenged myself to learn a verse that I could repeat when times were tough for me, as I have been suffering the grief of losing seven close family members in the past year. The verse I chose to memorize is quite simple and easy to remember and yet so powerful. It is found in Psalms 46:10. The verse states ‘Be Still and Know that I am God’. I have said it repeatedly as I deal with my grief and face worries in my life. I am reminded to remember that God has brought me victory, the ability to overcome, many problems that held me in bondage. The important thing for me is to seek God through prayer and meditation, so that I can develop confidence in God, and be in touch with his unfailing love for me, remembering that He will be my Guide and Strength, and Comfort as I face the struggles and grieves of life.

This course kept me focused as the format just flowed eloquently. I read the bible from cover to cover, in order, without skipping or moving ahead, and at my own pace and it has taken me sometime. Thus, I learned gradually, line by line, how to use the bible as a study tool.

The course suggested taking part in some form of worship. I began attending a praise and worship session once a week. The music uplifted me, raised my energy and vibrations, and brought me closer to God.

Peace be with you.

Sincerely,
Rev. Tracey


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: