Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dr. of Spiritual Development


I finally finished the last 2 lessons of the Dr. of Spiritual Development class.  Wow this class was amazing.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 
Lesson 21: Yes I believe it can take more than a lifetime to master the depth of meditation that this class examines.  So many people have said to me, "I have tried to meditate but it just doesn't work for me", I was like that one.  It does work though.  It takes work to make it work.  On Mother's Day I sat at Diana Falls in New Hampshire or hours chatting with friends and strangers.  We admired the beauty of the falls and talked about how all of it had been created by God. We meditated and had a mini service so to speak.  The way we felt Jesus would have done had he been there. We talked about how when we pray/meditate we learn things, we do better, we become better people.  We improve ourselves.
 
What a great world we would live in everyone accepted this and worked on changing the parts of them that well….need fixing. 
 
I have always felt there was someone with me.  Call it an ancestral body, a guardian angel, a spirit whatever you choose.  I have always been in touch with something bigger than us.
 
I believe in the Quantum field because I believe the spirit jumps from human to another form until God decides we are done.  We start as a young untrained spirit and we grow and learn until we have become a mature spirit and have learned all we need to know to live in eternity.
 
I know we have control over our medical health.  I am almost never ill.  I won't allow it.  People snicker when I say that but it's true.  I don't take any drugs and I'm in great shape.  I control me. 
 
I have found that sometimes it's hard to not judge or edit the content and to allow the information to just low freely.  I think we try to edit or change because we don't want to look at the things we see as bad.
 
Lesson 22:  The end is here.  What an adventure this has been.  I learned so much.  I am a different person than when I started.  "Changing your mind can change your reality-changing your perception can change your behavior".  That's powerful!  It also is true.  It works! 
 
Ever talk with the person who always wants to finish your sentences but they don't say what you were going to say?  Perception.  I don't believe first impressions are accurate.  People act different in different situations.  We are guarded, protective, nervous, silly a host of personalities.  Yet that's not really who we are all the time.  It's a snapshot of us.  We act differently with differently people.  We just don't "click" with everyone. 
 
The 6 step re-frame.  I used to be scared to death of heights.  I recently rode my motorcycle to the top of Cathedral Cliff and walked to the edge for some for the most amazing pictures ever.  I was so impressed that I decided to help a friend install new windows and I did so from staging I would not have climbed on before this class. 
 
 
 
 
Anne McBride
Broker/Owner
Anne McBride Realty
530 Federal Street
Waterboro , ME 04087
Ph: 207-749-1947
fax: 866-249-6889
 




No comments: