Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Master of Mystical Christianity Lesson 23


Questions For the Heart and Mind

  1. Defining alchemy allegorically and symbolically, what base metals in your life need to be transformed into gold? What steps are you taking to accomplish this? The base metals in my life needing to be transformed into gold are the strengths and dedication I need to be a genuine disciple of Jesus Christ. I am working on this by reaching out to God through a daily program of prayer. I also wish to continue deepening my understanding of God by reading sacred writings and reflecting on them. I am studying the Master of Mystical Christianity hoping to strengthen and deepen my knowledge about Jesus Christ and spirituality, and wish to continue to do further study once the course is completed.
  1. If you are past the age of 40, recall your passage through mid-life and the astrological transits of Saturn, Uranus and Chiron. What changed in your life? If you are under the age of 40, how can you use this information to assist you through this time of transformation? My mid-life transition was an strong experience. My outlook on life changed. At the time I was entering my mid-life time, I was in an accident which affected my mobility. As a result I reflected and a great change took place within me. My own experience has led me to believe that the change was God at work within me, helping me to move to the next dimension of my life.
  1. Have you ever consciously experienced kundalini energy? If you have, what were the symptoms and what was the result? I understand kundalini energy as energy for developing strength, awareness, character and consciousness. Yes, I have consciously experienced kundalini energy as I entered my mid-life and a time of transition. The symptoms were a feelings of deep change occurring within my spirit, and the result was that I followed the call to become a minister.
  2. How would you bring sexuality and spirituality together in your life today? I would bring sexuality and spirituality together in my life by rejoicing in the identity God has gifted me as a woman.

Catherine Whittle

No comments: