Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Master of Mystical Christianity Lesson 25


Questions For the Heart and Mind

  1. What is your definition of ascension? Do you feel ascension is for the special few or is it possible for anyone, including yourself? My definition of ascension is the taking up of both physical and spiritual body into the state called heaven. In the Scriptures it is told that Jesus ascended after His Resurrection, and Elijah did not die, but ascended into heaven. My view is that ascension is at the Will of God. According to my life experience, I have not witnessed any ascension.
  1. Have you had close encounters with your etheric, astral and spiritual bodies? Have you ever had an out-of-body experience? Reflect on being a spiritual being having a physical experience. Yes, I have had encounter with my soul. I have experienced that there is more within me than just my physical body. I believe that my God-created spirit is experiencing earth through my human body. My reflection is that my experience through my spiritual and physical senses is a time of blessing and personal growth in close communion with my Creator, God.
  1. Do you experience your world as multi-dimensional? In what ways has this affected your life? What challenges and opportunities does this potential bring? I experience my world as multi-dimensional, with more to the world than the physical dimension. This has affected my life in that I felt inspired to follow the Great Creator, God, by becoming a minister. This potential has brought the challenge to share with others the blessings I have received from God. The opportunities this potential brought to me are experiences and friendships as I minister.
  1. How have you experienced the truth that thoughts and words are vibrations that create and manifest around you? I have experienced this truth by the sense of being aware of the mood of others. If another is feeling positive and happy, their thoughts and resultant words lift my spirit. If I sense unhappiness and negative feelings in another and receive negative words from them, I feel a resultant lowering of my mood. 
Catherine Whittle


No comments: