Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Dr. Spirituality lesson 7


Here is lesson 7:
1.       Explain how the ladder of prayer has affected my understanding of prayer: After this week's lesson my understanding of prayer has grown. I learned that if we pray from a position of lack, of fear, of retribution for perceived wrongs done by others we are drawing lack, fear, and retribution to ourselves as we are all One. By accepting responsibility for our part in all situations/experiences we become free from debilitating guilt and are able then to move forward to the ultimate goal of joining with the All That Is where there is no fear, no guilt, no lack. As we join with others we move to humility (my definition of this word is to "be one with the truth") we reach the ultimate goal of total communication/communion with God.

2.       Write a prayer of need, change it to a prayer of freedom, then a prayer of joining & finally a prayer of humility. Lord, I pray to be forgiven for the rage I feel towards my ex-husband.  He has caused me a great deal of pain and suffering and there is a big part of me that hopes he will someday know what it feels like to hurt like this. Amen.  Lord, I probably drove the man crazy with my neediness.  I wanted the perfect marriage and made impossible demands on my ex-husband to fulfill my dreams and "needs".  I wanted him to fill me up, let me know that I was valuable, that I was important, and loved.  I now see he could not do this as it was not his to do.  It was/is my responsibility to allow myself to be filled up as I let go of my beliefs that I am somehow unlovable and lacking. Lord, as I learn to love myself help me connect with others who are working on this lesson.  Let us join together in connecting with You.  Let us come to know that we are not separate nor are we separated from You. Lord, thank You for bringing me to understanding and feeling Oneness with the All That Is. Show me how to serve You in Love and Gratitude. As Jesus prayed, "Let me be an instrument of Your Peace."

Amen


No comments: